Here is the simple way to download YouTube video from VLC Media Player.
- Find a video on YouTube and copy the URL from the address bar.
- In VLC, head to Media > Open Network Stream.
- Paste the YouTube link in the box and click Play.
- Under Tools, click Codec Information.
- In the box that says Location, right-click the block of text and click Select All. Copy this text to your clipboard.
- Go back to your browser and paste the link in the address bar. This will open the source file directly on YouTube’s servers.
- Right-click the video as it plays and select Save Video As.